Andrew Despotakis, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM
- B.S. , Finance – William Paterson University of New Jersey
- B.S. , Financial Planning – William Paterson University of New Jersey
- Series 7, Series 66
- Life, Health & Variable Insurance License: NJ
Andrew Despotakis is a Financial Planner at Ela Financial Group. He was born in Queens, New York and graduated from William Paterson University with a dual major in Finance and Financial Planning where he received the highest possible scholastic honors for a student attending an AACSB Accredited University. He began his career in financial planning research at a $1B local firm, conducting complex investment, tax, insurance, and estate planning analyses for the firm’s book of business. He later attained the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM designation and managed over $120 Million dollars of client assets before joining Ela, Financial Group, Inc.
Andrew’s areas of specialization include:
- Wealth accumulation planning
- Retirement income planning
- Pre & Post Retirement Planning
- Social Security Planning
- Risk transfer techniques
- Portfolio risk analysis & construction
Aside from being a financial planning nerd, Andrew is a published writer, pianist, avid reader and a New Jersey Devils fan.